- Hindi news
- Tech auto
- Plan To Buy A New Car And Confused In Power And Torque, Then Decide By Yourself What You Need More
The torque of the engine can be lowered, this is done with the help of gear ratios, because each gear is set on different ratios.
- Torque is the twisting force, which helps in rotating something.
- Power is related to speed, that is, how fast and fast work is being done.
If you go to buy a car at the showroom, then the executive can be heard saying that Sir, it will get more torque in the vehicle or it will get more power in this vehicle, it will be good for you. Many times people buy a car according to the executive’s instructions, without thinking what kind of car they need.
If you too are confused between power (bhp) and torque and are not able to decide which type of car is right for you, high torque or high power (bhp). So understand the experts not in the language of physics but in easy language, what is the difference between them…
Understand the difference between power and torque in easy language …
Torque is the twisting force, that is, the force that helps rotate something.
- To understand the power one has to understand the torque first. Torque is the twisting force, that is, the force that helps rotate something. If the handles are rotating to open the doors, then the force applied is torque. The force you are applying to get the nuts to open is also torque, that is, every force that will help to rotate something will be torque and doing this work at a speed is called power.
- Understand by example – the force it takes to reach a car from point A to point B will be called torque. Now how fast this car will decide the distance between these two points, it will be called its power. Power is directly related to speed, that is, how quickly work is being done.
Think about this in terms of engines …
The faster the piston works, the more RPM is generated and the more torque it will help to produce.
- As we all know, the engine operates on a four-stroke principal. The cylinders in the engine have a combustion process inside them, causing the pistons to move up and down. The faster the piston works, the faster the crank shaft rotates. That is, the energy released from this entire processor drives the vehicle.
- Understand in common language, the faster the piston works, the more RPM will be generated and the more torque will be produced and the faster this work will get speed. So this is how torque and power get inside the engine. (RPM means how many times the crash shaft rotates inside the engine in a minute.)
- We calculate the power in BHP and HP. BHP (brake horsepower) means the on-crank power of the engine, that is, when the company tests the engine in controlled condition (in this condition the engine does not have any wheels nor any weight on it) and in this condition The power the engine produces is measured in BHP.
- At the same time, the company refers to on-wheel power from HP. The power loss caused by the gearbox-suspension-chain tension, the power the engine produces after all these power losses, is measured in horsepower (hp). Hence there is a difference between BHP and HP.
The engine can be tuned in many ways
First or second gear is used for climbing, because here we need more torque rather than speed.
- The torque of the engine can be reduced more. This work is done with the help of gear ratio. Each gear is set on different fibers and with the help of these ratios, the torque is reduced by reducing the distance.
- If you understand by example, torque is found in the first and second gears, because this time does not require speed but it requires strength to push the car forward. First or second gear is used for climbing, because here we need more torque rather than speed.
- The engine of each vehicle is tuned for different tasks. Talking about the Mahindra XUV500, it has a 2179 cc engine. Its engine is specially designed for speed, its seating capacity is also fixed, so it will get more BHP but in the case of Mahindra Bolero pickup, it has a 2523 cc engine. This vehicle is designed to carry luggage, so despite having a large engine, it gets less power and more torque.
What is more important than power and torque?
- Experts told that when going to buy a vehicle, attention should be given to both power and torque, although the priority is different.
- The way the power and torque are set in the vehicle can also vary from company to company, as some companies focus on mileage and some on performance.
- By the way, if you have to walk on most ghats or hilly routes, then it may be more beneficial for you to get a diesel car as the torque in diesel vehicles is more.
- At the same time, if you drive on a mostly flat surface, then you should buy a vehicle that has more power, as we see in petrol vehicles.
Note- All points based on interaction with Auto Expert Vikas Yogi
Can also read …
1. There is a plan to buy a car but there is confusion in manual-automatic, so understand from the expert which option is better for you
2. Tension is on to get the bike-scooter stolen so now worry, because this small gadget will not let your two-wheeler move from place to place
3. Whether it is summer or rainy, the car umbrella will keep the car safe in all weather, it becomes ready-to-use in less than a minute.